Hijama Cupping Therapy is a form of ancient alternative medicine, which dates back to ancient Egyptian, Chinese, and Middle Eastern civilizations. In fact, according to traditional Chinese medicine, cupping therapy is thought to help remove blockages in energy pathways. and get rid of the imbalances in the body by stimulating the free flow of vital energy within their tracks, in fact , similar to acupuncture with cupping by following the Chinese meridian lines or treatment energy pathways. In the body, there are five lines in the back area, which is the area where cupping is mostly, with the possibility of cupping on the hands, wrists, legs, ankles, and cupping opens channels through which life energy flows freely through the body’s various tissues and organs, thus Cupping is one of the deepest tissue treatments available. Cupping affects tissues up to 10 centimeters from the surface of the skin.
The benefits of cupping
There are many beliefs and claims about the benefits of cupping, but it should be noted that there are not enough studies to prove the effectiveness of cupping therapy, but it has become noticeable prevalence of cupping therapy recently, because of its use by famous athletes to get rid of pain and treat muscle problems; Cupping can keep blood flowing through the circulatory system and not stagnate in certain areas of the body.It is also believed that cupping can be used to treat many diseases such as respiratory diseases, musculoskeletal problems, herpes zoster, acne Facial, spondylosis cervical, bronchitis, asthma, and respiratory problems, congestion, arthritis, and disorders of the digestive system, headache, high blood pressure, problems with fertility and infertility, In addition to the role of cupping in helping to relax muscles, improve blood circulation in arteries and veins, soothe the nervous system, relieve back and neck pain, get rid of anxiety, fatigue, migraine, rheumatism, cellulite or inflammation, help lose weight, and detoxify from Body, improve metabolism, eliminate constipation, improve digestion, promote healthy appetite, and treat blood disorders such as anemia, hemophilia, bleeding disorders, eczema, depression, and varicose veins.
The way cupping works
The treatment mechanism of cupping on the principle of suction vacuum; where the processor puts special on certain sites of the most important skin; trophies back , neck, shoulders, and in fact there are several types of cups are selected according to the purpose of the work of cupping, the most prominent of these species currently is glass, old was used bamboo, clay, animal horns industry cupping glasses, and is then placed viable material for flammable , such as; paper, or herbs, or alcohol and ignite until heated cups, then flips and placed on the skin consists of a vacuum in the inside of the cup after a low degree Heat, which leads to pull Skin towards the cup and redness due to the expansion of blood vessels in the area. These cups remain on the skin for 5-20 minutes depending on the person’s health status.
Types of cupping
- Wet Cupping: Wet cupping is one of the old therapeutic methods used in the treatment of some diseases, using cassettes, and causing some small wounds in the skin using a medical scalpel, and then pressed using cassettes until the out of the corrupt blood, impurities from the body, and replaced by new blood cells.
- Dry cupping: Dry cupping is done without any cuts on the skin, but internal and external pressure is compressed, where red spots form the place of cupping cups and disappear after a period of time.This method is used in the treatment of rheumatism, stimulation of blood circulation, and urinary retention.
The benefits of cupping
- Increases the vitality of the body, and its activity.
- Stimulate blood circulation.
- Strengthens the body’s immunity.
- Arthritis and rheumatism are treated by stimulating normal cortisone production in the blood.
- It treats gout and some abdominal diseases, such as indigestion, constipation, and ulcers.
- Treat varicose feet, bedwetting, and paraplegia.
- According to the healthy person to prevent disease.
- Get rid of muscle strain by stimulating the release of lactic hormone.
- Address high cholesterol, by raising the level of good cholesterol in the blood.
- Detox, the effects of drugs from the body that accumulate in the areas between the skin and muscles, by causing mild wounds on the skin.
- Regulate hormones in the body where they help to improve a person’s mental state.
- Address some of the problems that women suffer from menopause, and menstrual problems.
Cupping positions in the body
The cupping positions in the body are abundant, reaching about ninety-eight positions, of which forty-three are in the face and abdomen. The rest are in the back.
The category prohibited from cupping therapy
- People with liver disease.
- Avoid cupping after eating, but wait at least two hours after eating.
- Patients with ligament rupture.
- Those with cold, high fever.
- During the menstrual cycle.
- Pregnant woman.
- Patients with cancer.